I went to Las Vegas yesterday and got my visa so don't worry any more. (When the missionary visas are ready the missionaries are flown to the closest Mexican Consulate to pick it up). Okay this week has been goodish. It has had some up's and down's. Spanish is coming very slowly... my vocabulary is limited to like 50 words. (probably an exaggeration:) I have a Spanish tutor; he is a teacher that works here and does not have a district.  He asked if anyone needed help and I jumped at the opportunity. I meet with him every Monday,
Wednesday, and Friday. I know that Spanish will come it just seems impossible some-days.
 
This weeks questions:
 How do you deal with homesickness? Well to be honest I finally understand what Tanner said: "if you are thinking about home you are not doing your job." It is hard I just try and realize that I have a work to do and I use the atonement to not feel sad. We have to wait to open any letters until 9:30 at night and that really helps.
 
When did you smile this week?  I smile everyday because of my amazing companion. She puts everything in perspective and is very funny. We laugh a lot during gym. It is our time to just relax and have fun.
 
 When have you felt the spirit this week? Well this week my companion and I had an amazing companionship study where we felt like heaven just talked to us. We learned so much about forgetting ourselves. It was neat! I also feel the spirit a lot just when I'm teaching from the heart. I have learned to teach with my eyes and not worry about the words because God does that part. I can see the difference when I'm joyful and when I'm just speaking.
 
This week I kind of thought I'm never going to get this language and I can't do this. Then someone told me "The Lord did not put you here to fail". Also my teacher shared Josuha 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the aLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." And In Exodus 4:10-12 it says "And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of aspeech, and of a bslow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who amaketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord." 
The scripture talks about Moses' disability and weakness and it reminded me of mine. Then we talked about how great a man Moses became and I know that the Lord can make me strong. We also learned that Christ did not ask us TO TRY and share the gospel, He asked us TO SHARE THE GOSPEL! 
Okay, so I don't know why but Heavenly Father knows how to talk to me and this week two speakers shared two running quotes that I love.  The first one said "At the end of your mission be like the runner who has nothing left at the finish line." How cool is that? It is days like today that I need to remember that. Also one day this week that I was just so happy and I was talking to my teacher and she said it is like you are running in your heart 24 hours a day. Missionary work is great!
 I'm pretty tired from the long trip yesterday and this week has been a little rough. Thanks for all the prayers, please keep them coming and  if you could pray for patience for me that would be great!  I need to learn how to love the way the Lord loves and I know that will take time.
 
I love you all! The Lord will move forward his work and I will be a part of it and so will you!

Love 
Hermana Hickman