Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 19: New companion, new area, stairs and hills like San Francisco and only 5 minute walk from the Tuxtla temple

Dear Friends and Family,
Hey there so I better start off with answering the questions that you have....

So how are you? I have seen better days... transfers have taken a toll on my heart and I have been pretty sad this week but I know God has sent me here to learn something:)
 
Where are you? I`m in the area of the Tuxtla Temple. The temple is a 5 minute walk from our house. I am in the same stake as my mission president.

 
 
Who is your new companion?  Hermana M... is my new companion. She is from Mexico and is a convert to the church.  Please pray for our companionship. I miss Hermana C... and the love that we had for each other. I tell my companion I love her every night. 




 
 
What is your new area like? My area has a million stairs and the hills of San Francisco. Because my companion and I are both new to the area, we are starting from scratch with our teaching pool and we are trying to find our way around. It is great fun:)

If you are reading this letter you have accepted a challenge for the week.... look for pray for and FIND a friend, or someone that need the message of the Restoration. Or if you are reading this and have never had the missionary visit your house please let them visit. THIS MESSAGE CHANGES LIVES BUT ONLY IF YOU LET IT.... SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE!!! THIS WEEK:)

How many missionaries are in your ward? two other sister missionaries
 
The baptism of P.. was great. He invited all of his family and they all came. He is a great man and I hope he always remembers the covenants he has made with his Heavenly Father.

 
Hermana C.... told me that I... and A... accepted a date for baptism this week. My heart hurts that I will no longer be teaching them.   They changed my life and I`m so happy that they will have the gospel in their lives.

Happy Birthday uncle Kevin!!! I love you so much and hope you are doing well. Always remember how much I love you!
 
I love being a missionary! 

I love you all!
Hermana hIckman 

No comments:

Post a Comment