Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 17: Happy Dance, 7 Investigators at church, 1,500 pesos a week

Hola Family and Friends,

Happy Birthday Grandpa and many more on channel 4..... love your favorite grandchild;) 

Wow thank you all for the sweet notes. Know that I'm doing fine! I have Christ with me every day and I wear His name. Ok first of Cinco de Mayo is a normal day here. I don't know why but I think it is because we are so far south in Mexico.
 
You will not beileve how many investigators came to church this week.... 7:))))

We have a baptism this Saturday at 6pm.... if you want to come it is in La Capilla.... :) 

Ok first of I want to tell you about these 2 young men.  They are so great and we have been working really hard with them.  It has been amazing to watch them change.  Working with them has taught me that the atonement works but that we need to have the desire to change.  I feel like these two young men are 2 of the 2,000 striplling warriors in our day. 

I don´t know how to explain how I feel I have changed.  I hope to change more because I´m still not a very good missionary but I hope to get there soon.  

Questions of the Week:
 
 Thursday was the best day this week because: We had splits and my companion and I invited 3 people to be baptized.

 
Do you use any media when you are teaching?  We use dvd's sometimes but the technology here is a little behind.

Do people of pets? Almost everyone here has a dog. I love it! It makes me think of Toby but my companion hates dogs and is afraid of them so I have to help her. I´m glad we have Toby because I don´t have a fear of dogs because of him.  Are there lots of dogs running lose? YES


I have been watching the temperatures in Tuxtla...Has the heat been bothering you? No it is ok... you are right mom running has prepared me for this... thankfully I´m not in the hottest area.


What did you love about being a missionary this week? I loved when we visited A... and he told us he did not use drugs that day. I did a happy dance and I make him pinky promise every day!!!
 


What challenge did you over come this week? I have been a little better with bitting my tounge when frustrated, but it is a process:)

How much money are you given on your mission card to buy what you need? 1,500 pesos I don´t know how much that is in dollars, but some of it goes for transportation.

Have you been feeling healthy? Good sometimes I can´t sleep but I´m good. 

Love you all have a great week!!!

Hermana Hickman 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment