Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 57:I Love Being a Missionary!

Hola Familia,
 
1. What has been your biggest challenge this week? Myself... lol no we have been working super hard to meet the goal of excellence for the mission. On Sunday we needed 4 people to come to church to meet with these goals of excellence and only three people came. I was frustrated because I really wanted to complete the goals....
Then I asked myself why do you want to complete them ? So that President tells you good job, because you feel like you are not a good missionary if you don´t or because you really want these people to come unto Christ. It really made me think.... and on Thursday we had a zone conference and we talked about being consagrados... idk what the word is in English... and doing things because we love God and nothing else. It was a hard lesson to learn but now I know:)

2. What has been your biggest concern? Hermana C's mom. I have a huge favor to ask... can you put her family´s name on the temple prayer roll every time you go???? it is.... Familia C... P....


3. What has been your biggest success? The converts! A lot of our converts are going to the temple for the first time the end of this month. 

4. Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? L... because she makes me feel happy just to be around her. Also a young women named E.. She has been visiting with us and got up this Sunday and talked about missionary work... She motivated me to get up share my testimony too:) 

5. What has been your most significant tender mercy? This week I looked a my name-tag and really realized what it said..... He has called me and trusted me with His work. I have waited my whole life to have this calling and realized this week that I can´t waste another minute. 

6. What are you looking forward to this coming week? Our baptism this Saturday:))))

 
7. Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week? In Alma 24 when the Anti-Nephi- Lehi's give their lives because they don´t want to fall into their old sins. 

8. Share three things that made you smile.
1. Hermano C... from my 2nd area went to the temple this week. I did not get to go but he called me this morning and was so happy.
2. Elder oaks comes 28th of February
3. I got the Kartchner Christmas card this week... lol Christmas in Febrero 


I love you all! I´m excited that every day is getting a little closer to the birth of my two new nieces:) I love you all and can´t believe that I´m serving a mission :))))) It is the best:) I have a testimony that God Lives and knows us.   I know that if you need help don´t every think you are alone, there is someone that walks every step and every day. He is there! He will lead the way out of darkness because He loves us and wants us to be happy:)))) I love you all:)))

Hermana Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment