Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 56: Lots to Smile about:)

Hola Familia,


5 things that made you smile:
1. A person we talked with on the street was surprised when I told her I was not from Chiapas.
2. We put a few posters up in our house of things we want to do better. 
3. I got to have a random interview with President G and he told me how much he loves me.
4. We get to go the temple with our ward and then hear Elder Oaks 28 Febrero. 
5. I have really learned to love my companion.
6. I have prayed that Natalie could see her Spanish friend again!!! Heavenly Father answers prayers.




What talent has Heavenly Father magnified since you became a missionary? My companion has really helpped me to think more positively. It is still something I am working on but I love that she is always there to help when I´m down.




That is so exciting that the YW go on splits with you.  How many of them want to serve missions?
Out of the 7 that do splits with us, 6 of them really want to go on a mission. It is super fun to motivate them, but it really turns out that they motivate me to enjoy the mission and smile always. 

What is the question that you get asked about the US the most when people find out that you live there? Do you like it there or here more? 


What gospel principle do you love to teach the most? Plan of Salvation 


It is so excited to hear that the recent converts are advancing in the priesthood and participating in family history work and temple work.  How has your testimony of the priesthood and the temple increased as you see how converts are blessed? In Mexico's area plan they have really focussed on family history. I realize I´m not very good at it but I love help converts find names because when you find a name you can see in their eyes the excitement. I know and have felt that their families are happy too! 

This week was a little hard one of our families told us that they did not want to listen to us any more. She cried when she told us. I feel like she knows it is true but is scared to change. I have also felt really really tired this week... I´ll be studying when all of the sudden my eyes are closed. Thanks dad for giving me that talent:) lol I really do love it here!  In my interview with President he kind of made it clear that this next transfer I will leave. He even asked me where I wanted to go but I was to scared to tell him I wanted to go to San Cristobal. I told him where he needed me... I would go. I have really learned to love being a missionary and I love being with my companion because she does everything with such conviction. Please pray that my body can feel more full of energy. 
 
Love,
Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment