Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 21: Futbol, 105 street contacts, 29 lessons

 
Hello Everyone!!!

Who are you teaching? We have a great bunch of people that we are teaching here! A lot of them are so busy that we can only visit them on the weekends which makes it hard, but they are really great:) 
 
 How many street contacts? We had 105 street contacts this week  14 lesson with members and  15 other lesson which is really good!
 
 Did anyone come to church? 5 investigators came to church and 3 less actives. 

What made you smile this week? Seeing the little kids play fútbol in the streets. My companion and I have found more reasons to laugh together and I have grown to love her a lot!

What service did you perform this week? Whenever we see people cleaning or doing something in their yard we offer to help. The other day we helped paint the outside part of a house. 

Favorite thing you learned in your study this week: there are too many things to write in one letter but this week I found a lot of scriptures that can help our investigators with their struggles. 

Favorite thing about being a missionary this week: Fasting and realizing I had no more energy and did not think I could do a thing more and then we came to church and 5 investigators came. 

What is your apartment like? It is a nice apartment. It has a entry way, bedroom, 2 areas to change, a bathroom, a little kitchen and a patio.
 
 Do you still have cockroaches? Yes:) 

One of the most impactful moments of this week was when we were teaching an investigator named M. We taught him the plan of salvation and I used my amazing pictures mom gave me and the spirit was strong. After we taught him and all the images where laid out on the table he moved all the pictures except life on earth and death and he said this is what I see and this in my understanding of life..... how sad. We are so lucky to have and know the plan of our Heavenly Father for us, but M's mind was closed to the idea. It made me extremely grateful for the knowledge I have.
 

Also we had our first lesson with a young man and I felt like we needed to invite him to be baptized.  He left for a minute and I told my companion I feel like we need to invite him to be baptized she said go for it... I showed him the map of the plan of salvtion and the part that talks about what we need to do to live with God after this life.... and because Heavenly is Amazing he prepared the heart and mind of this young man. A... said to me it says baptism here in the folleto... I then told him what it was and invited him to be baptized. He said yes!!! He does not have a date but I hope that he will come to church so that he can be baptized. 


 
Hermana Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment