Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 25:Bug Bites...50 and counting, contacting the driver of the bus:)

Top 5 things that made you smile?
1. The fact that Mexico lost made me smile because we will have better attendence at church next week.

2. One night I could not sleep because of the bits on my legs but I knelt and said a prayer to be able to sleep and then I fell asleep.

3.When we finally found a new house to live in after searching for a while.

4. When we were walking in the street today and I watched all the people and realized for me everything is normal. As people passed and stared at me I realized I am still American:)))





How are the bug bites? To tell you the truth not good. Bug spray does not help I have tried. I recieved a blessing yesturday and hope that will help but please pray for my legs the pain is not fun and I have about 50 bits on my legs.

Coolest contact this week was we were riding in a bus today to go to a market place and I contacted the bus driver. We had a nice talk :)

Tell us something that you learned about yourself this week: I learned that I have more patience then I thought and that Christ can make me what I want to be. I had a cool experience on Thursday of this week .We had weekly planning and at the end a part of planning we did companionship inventory. My companion told me that she feels like she is with a different companion because I have changed so much this week. We have clicked and I love her in a way that I never thought possible.


What was your favorite service that you rendered this week? We got to help paint a fence of someone on the street. We asked if we could help and gave him the first lesson while painting:)

How are your investigators progressing? M... is doing great he came to church yesturday which was great but a lot of our investigators have not come to church and they have to come for at least 5 times before being baptized. That is the hardest part, they know its true but they fail to act when it come Sunday morning and we are knocking on their door.  

What was the best thing you did to prepare to serve a mission? Visiting the Sacred Grove is is a neat experience to be able to say I have entered the grove where Joseph Smith prayed and have a testimony that he was a prophet.


Tell us about p-day?  Do you do anything fun? We are in a place called Central. It is like a huge China Town. We bought Mexico jerseys in honor of Mexico losing yesterday :(


Well I love you all and guess what the CHURCH is TRUE

Hermana HIckman

No comments:

Post a Comment