Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 22: Represente de Jesucristo, and lots of bug bites!

If you had not chosen to serve a mission what would you have missed? To tell you the truth a lot of things. I know that I will be a different mom because of what I´m learning every day.  I have always known the church is true but testifing every day I can tell you I really know the church is true. 

How did your best lesson go and what made it so? On Tuesday right after the worst lesson ever. I asked my companion if we could say a prayer before our next lesson .We said a prayer and went to the next lesson with a women whose kids I'm teaching English. After a short English game we taught her a lesson and invited her to be baptized. We were nervous to invite her to be baptized because we did not know if she was only listening to us so that her boys could learn English. I was able testify that I was a representante de Jesucristo and that I came to Mexico to share this message. She said yes, but she did not come to church on Sunday:(  Hopefully she will come next week. 


Tell us about something that made you smile this week.I smiled when we got our conference magazines and it was like Chirstmas or a good Hallmark movie.  That night I sat in my bed and read as much as I could!

What have you been praying for this week? Well this week we were supposed to have a baptism but when the older brother was  interviewed with our mission president we found out that he is not married to his wife, and that she does not want to be married to him.  They only live in the same house and  she does not want to listen to us . We have a lesson with the bishop and the whole family tonight. People not being married is a problem, we are teaching so many people that could be baptised but they are not married. Anyway  I have been praying that we can have a baptism this weekend.  I have never had so much faith in my life. I know Heavenly Father can bless us with a baptism and I have learned to look for His miracles. 

Do you cook? eggs but nothing else really
 
 


How is your foot? my foot is good but I have 25 or more bug bits on my legs. One night I could not sleep all night because they hurt so bad, but they are a little better now. 

What is your zone like? We have double the amount of sisters then elders.
 
 Do you play soccer on P-day? no
 
 
Are the missionaries sad to say good bye to your mission president? yes but he does not want to have a meeting before he leaves so we will not get to say goodbye 

No comments:

Post a Comment