Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 29: Wasps, Rain, Family History Work:), Temple!

Top 6 things that made you smile?
1. M..... recieved the priesthood this week and in his blessing it said that he would preach the gospel. 
2. A family night we had with our neighbors Hermana C... and her husband L... 
3. When M... helped us teach one of our investigators and bore his testimony.
4. We got locked out of our bedroom when my companion shut the door because there were wasps flying around in the room.
5. Yesterday it rained extremely hard and we got sooooooo wet. We ran to wait for a bus, it was a funny sight I´m sure when people saw us running in the street socking wet. 
6. I made brownies the other day and now I'm famous with all the members for my brownies because no one knows how to make them here!


Best lesson this week? We helped Hermano C... prepare names to take to the temple of his wife and mom. When we printed the names my companion was busy talking to someone and I talked softly to this little old man and told him that his family were going to be together forever. We had asked President George before the lesson if we could enter the temple with our new converts and he said yes! Hermano C... asked me if I would do the baptisms for his wife and mom. We are all going to the temple on Wednesday!

Share a tender mercy ? My tender mercy was I prayed for help or an answer that Heavenly Father  had not forgotten me and that I needed help. I then remembered my missionary scripture. I know Heavenly Father answers prayers and that he loves us.

Share something that you would only see in Mexico? Little tienda (stores) at every corner. There are people walking the street and yelling water or tamales or whatever they are selling. 

 What do you love about your companion?   That even when she is tired she keeps working hard and motivates me to do the same. What has she taught you? I have learned what real prayer is. She prays like Heavenly Father is in the room which is really neat. 

What do you buy at the store?  How much money do you spend for groceries?  I buy cereal and milk, eggs, yogurt.  I spend about 25 dollars a week. 

I love you all:)

Hermana Hickman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment