Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 26: 6.9 Earthquake in Chiapas, bug bites gone, good week-short letter

Hermana Hickman failed to mention a 6.9 earthquake in Chiapas, Mexico this morning at 7:23 am:)  She is safe:)
 
Top 5 things that made you smile:)
1. Our new apartment has a really nice bathroom.
2. I got to take a warm shower 2 days in a row.
3. Our mission president gave permission for one of our investigators to be baptized on Saturday.
4. I heard  P... a new member that I helped teach is now blessing the sacrament.
5. We have a new investigator that heard us sing a hymn. He called us and told us he felt the Spirit and wants us to visit him. 

Favorite service this week?  On Sunday night one of our investigators moved his house. He was moving all of his things alone so we helped him and two members came with us and helped us. 

How has your testimony grown this week?
I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers, I`m so thankful for all of your prayers about my legs, and guess what....... I`m healed:))) I no longer have bites and the pain is gone. I felt the prayers of many and want to say thank you!
 
Best lesson this week?
When we got to tell our investigator M... that Presidente George has given the ok to be baptized this Saturday, I cried when I told him and then he started to cry because he has been fasting and praying for his situation.
 
Sorry this is short!  I love you all!
 
Love Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment