Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 32: Slept with frozen water bottle,played futbol and took out 2 Elders...opps

So what 7 things made you smile this week?
1. When I woke up at like 3 am because the fan stopped working.   I found a frozen water bottle and slept with it because I was dying of heat.
2. That almost every day this week we have done 30 street contacts and we have come to the point that almost everyone knows us.
3. We have had some great first lessons. 
4. 4 different members came with us to visit people.
5. Playing soccer as 3 zones and I took out 2 elders. 
6. Playing fútbol en México. 
7. A new elder ran up to me and said Sister Hickman,  "You don´t know me but  read all your blogs and saw all your pics and ever week waited for your blog....... then he shock my hand hecka hard...... :)

Tell us about your best lesson  and best contact this week?
We found a women named G.. who is the sister who visited for a long time about two years ago. In the first visit we invited her to be baptized she said, "YES".

Sometimes I wish I could just be a fly on the wall and watch you in action as a missionary.  Tell me about a time this week  that you would want me to see?
 
 I wish you could see everything I love. The sweet experiences I have had where the Spirit tells me where to go and puts words in my mouth. Sometimes after I say something I sit there and say no way I´m speaking Spanish:)

How do people react when you tell them you are American?
They get all excited and they all know because there are no Americans here. I stand out like a sore thumb.  When people ask where are you from.... I say I´m from Chiapas:) they always laugh.  

How are you feeling? I feel good tired and sad sometimes but I´m good. I really just miss expressing my feelings.
 
 Are you staying healthy? Yes

In one of the other missionary's blogs they talked about seeing some ruins.  Do you ever do anything cool on P-day? 
 
 Well today we went to the Zoo.   The ruins are not in my area but I hope one day to see them.
 

I love being a missionary! I love studying the scriptures. I can read better in Spanish now and I get to see Heavenly Father work with me every day.  I´m thankful for the Atonement and all that I have learned on my mission.

I love you all REMEMBER the CHURCH is TRUE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment