Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 48: The Bat is Back and NO water!

Hello Everyone!
 My week had some ups and downs but we had a baptism which was great and we have 6 people that are preparing to be baptized.  Our ward is a little bit of a mess right now and everyone is sad that my companion is leaving. I´m super nervous to train a new missionary because I still feel like one.... and it is going to take a lot of energy lol:) More then anything I excited I have a lot to learn. I know Heavenly Father will help me. Our bat came back to visit us in the house and we don´t have any water. So if you could pray for those two things that the bat leaves and the water comes I would be super grateful! Well I´m doing great I have days I´m sad and want to see you all but the people we are teaching are amazing and it makes me excited. I am excited to see you all in 18 days.

Did you have a hard time saying good bye to your companion?
well right now she is sitting next to me :) but it is going to be hard to say goodbye.

 
Has your Christmas package come yet? YES thank you

 
Has the weather changed? no it is just super, super hot and yesterday I felt my first earthquake.

I love you all and hope you know you are in my prayers! Thank you all for the prayers and love that you send my way the work of the Lord is amazing!!!! I love you all!
 
I love you ALL!
 
Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment