Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 47: Lots to Smile about!

Hi Everyone!
Best day this week was Sunday because we had a stake missionary fireside, my companion talked because she is going home. youth that just received their calls talked and old people that have been home from their missions for more then 50 years. All of us missionaries in the stake sang the Army of Heleman in English and Spanish. It was really neat to feel the spirit.
 

5 things that made you smile?
1. We have gained the trust or our bishop... Little by little.
2. 7 people came to church.
3. We have a baptism for this Friday.
4. Forgetting completely it was Thanksgiving day.
5.  We completed the misión numbers of excellence this week.

You mentioned you had an interview with your President, what do you talk about with him?  He asked me something that got to me hard. We sat down and he asked me," How can you be a better missionary?" In that moment I was humbled and realized I´m not yet done becoming who I want to be.

What is one good habit that you have developed as a missionary that you want to continue when you return home?
I have learned to think of other before myself, being worried about other people before myself. But I still have a lot to learn.
 

Pray hard this week I hope not to cry a lot but it will be hard to see my companion go home. She talks a lot about hugging her mom and it makes me so sad that I still have a long time to go. This week really has been amazing!  I have seen that God answers prayers; little things I ask for He always answers. I asked that we would find new people to teach this week because late week we only had 2 this week we had 9.

Hey mom THANK YOU! that is all I can say, when I read your letter peace came to my heart. I have been thinking about you a lot this week.  When we went to visit a home that has 3 kids and the dad is one of our converts.  We arrived and the 2nd oldest boy was bleeding in his ear... his mom hit him and she is very rough.... the Little boy has dyslexia and the mom is trying to teach him to read but she getting so mad that she hits him because she does not know he has dyslexia. I explained a little to her but I would love for you to write her a note about how hard it was for you. When I talked to her I told her everything and that you were the only one that had hope in me.  She tells her son that he can´t do it and that he is dumb. if you could just write a quick note about how hard it was for you I would love to read it to her. I will translate it. I just cried and cried when I talked to her because I told her my mom was the only person that had hope in me. Thank you for never giving up in my. I love you FOREVER!!!!  I love you all!

I love acts chapter 8 it is so true!
I love you all!!!! the church is SOOOOO TRUE

Hermana hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment