Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 55: Healthy and Happy!

Well I´m not sure where to start... in these two weeks there have been lots of ups and downs.
 
Share a tender mercy: My companion and I have not gotten sick from the mosquito that is giving people fever and pain in the bones. A whole bunch of people are suffering from the sickness and a few missionaries have it too.
 
 It is so exciting that you are working well with your Bishop...I know that is an answer to prayer.  How is your Bishop helping you? Our bishop goes with us on Thursdays to have family nights with our converts and investigators. Also if we need something during the week he quickly helps us. Last week him and his wife were sad that I might leave the area but were happy when I called on Monday to tell them I was not transferred.
 

You have mentioned that you have sooo many people to visit, how to you find balance in dividing your time between new members and investigators? We have been going on divisions with young women in the ward to visit double in the same amount of time.
 

How much walking are you doing? 2 or 4 miles long  Are you still riding buses?  sometimes  

How many people are you teaching right now? about 20 people more or less without converts and members

Best thing about training this week? I can really see that I have lost my animo. New missionaries are excited about everything and old ones not... she gives my energy to contact and love the members and give everything I have

Name 2 things that you love about your companion  I love that everything is new for her about the gospel (she has two years in the church) and that she does thing with exactness

4 things that made you smile:
1. Our converts were praying that I would not be transferred
2. Moses now blesses the sacrament.
3. F.... will receive the Melchizedek priesthood this month
4. Y... and F... are taking names to the temple this next month that we found to do baptisms
 

 
I love you all!  Please pray that we can find people that are ready to be baptized... no one seems to be ready right now. I love doing the Lord's work and hope each of you know how much I love you and pray for you.  I love you all!
 
Love,
Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment