Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 13: Made 101 street contacts, received 8 references and having difficulty speaking English

Hola Familia,
 This week was crazy hard... but so good. I can´t express in words how much I have grown. Getting a new companion has been challenging.  I cried a lot the first day but things are better now.   I took the opportunity to ask about her back ground and discovered that she is a convert of 4 years, from Dominica Republic. She is the only member in her family and she is paying for her mission all by herself.  I have discovered a great love and respect for her and Heavenly Father is blessing me. She speaks no English and her Spanish is different than mine so we are learning to communicate.  This week we have done a lot of walking because no one was home, no one wanted to talk to us and the fact that I have no idea where anything is. I am still learning the area.... it will come:)



 How many lessons did you teach this week? We taught about 12 lessons and about 3 or 4 with members but, this week we had 101 contacts (in the street or collectivo)

Share a tender mercy: I got to watch all of conference and 2 sessions in English.

What made you smile this week? When we received 8 referencias (references)..... I started crying I was so happy!

Where do you shop for food? Una Super pero next week.  I think we will shop in Walmart

 
Was there a moment this week when your said "you are not in the states sister" What happened? When an English missionary started talking to me in English and I could not talk in English because I don´t remember English.... lol
This week we had lessons that I taught everything pretty much.... which was interesting..... lol but really I feel Heavenly Father with me. He has help me with Spanish in ways that are incredible... I can see a difference!!!
 Yo envio me amor !!!!! Siempre recordamos Jesucristo VIVE.
LES AMO
HERMANA HICKMAN



No comments:

Post a Comment