Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 41: flying cockroaches, pretending to be married, soccer in the rain!

Hello Everyone:)

How are your investigators progressing?  We have a few that are progressing... and some that are progressing slowly... our baptism this week fell through. The women has some problems and has to wait three weeks for President to come here to talk to her.

Tell us about your best day this week?  Why was it so awesome? EVERY day is amazing here, I could not be more happy. I love being a missionary!

How often do you feel earthquakes? about 2 a week .... but I sleep through most of them:) 

6 things that made you smile this week?
1. There is a young man that is in our ward that speaks English but spent two years in England and he spoke with a British accent and thought I was going to die and go to heaven.
2. There are missionaries here that I played against on my soccer traveling team, and a guy that threw in high school  track that I have meet before..
3. One day we got home and there were like 15 cockroaches in our house and they started to fly.... our leader of districto called us and I answered, but I was screaming. He started to laugh at us and told us to call him back later.
4. I got athletes foot this week and could hardly walk.... it was fun to try and walk and have people look at me like I was crazy... Mom don´t worry I´m all better now.
5. I played soccer while my companion cut the hair of a member.  I played with the little boys and dad and it was pouring, pouring rain.... we were losing but I told the dad (they are the family that was baptized about 3 weeks ago and we call them mom and dad) the next goal wins and then I scored a goal:)
6. This same man, the convert blessed the sacrament this week I started to happy cry because they have really progressed in the gospel!
7. Missionaries of other churches try to tell us we are wrong and that the Book of Mormon is not the word of God..... when they have not even read it.
8. I tell all the creepy old men I´m married with the ring that mom gave me... thanks mom for saving me from millions of 40 year old men:) 
 
 
How do you think you will be different after your mission? In every way! I know for myself that the church is true!

I love you all:) the church is SOOOO true and if you don´t know for yourself.... check it out!

Hermana Hickman 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment