Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 39: Half Way, Signing in Spanish, Elder Bednar's talk

So how was your week?
Amazing! We had a lot of sucess this week and completed almost every number goal we had.
 

Did you get to listen to conference? 
Conference was great! I got to see all 4 sessions. I think, I liked Saturday afternoon session the best.

Did you have a favorite talk? Yes but I don´t remember his name. He spoke about two talks before Elder Holland.

5 things that made you smile?
1. My companion had to give blood and I almost passed out watching. I remembered the story of dad when mom was having Natalie
2. We listened to the  songs on my companions music player and I danced around the house.
3. One of our investigators called the bishop, ¨pastor ¨
4.  Elder Scott pre- recorded his talk in Spanish. It was nice to hear his voice. I missed their voice because someone else talks for all of them.
5. The talks given in Spanish. 

Best lesson this week?  How many lessons did you teach?
We taught 30 lessons, my favorite was with our deaf investigator. She is amazing and I feel like the spirit always speaks through me. When I think before hand what we will say I can´t think of any signs, but when we get there my hands start talking:)

How much English are you speaking each day?  Do you dream in Spanish?
 NONE.... I don´t remember how to spell anything.... my people don´t speak English so I don´t.

Share a time that you felt the spirit this week:
 We were in the last session of conference when Elder Bednar spoke and said his talk was for non-members. No one had arrived at this session and we were sad, but when Elder Bednar said this talk is for them, I said a little pray that R... would come.I felt the spirit rush over me and I knew she was there.... after the conference we looked for her and could not find her... I was sad and wondered why I felt like she was there, when all of the suden my companion said there she is..... she came and was sitting in the back rows. 

Do you feel safe?  Are you ever in danger?
We are ok don´t worry Heavenly Father is protecting us. I will tell you all the stories someday:)

Share some insights from your zone meetings.
President George shared with us in a meeting Mathew 22 and it talks about the temple garment. It is super neat!

 
Oh how I love the misson I´m sad to say that more then half has come and gone. I feel blessed to serve the Lord daily! I know my Savior lives
 
Well that is all folks! I hope you alll have a great week and know how much I love you! 

Hermana Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment