Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 42: Lots to smile about inspite of having Salmonella:)



Hi Everybody,
So what adventures have you had this week? Running in the rain so that we don´t get soaking wet:) I have Salmonella:(  I am not going to the doctor because when my companion went they took LOTS of her blood and it cost lots of money:(  Don't worry I am fine:) 



What 6 things made you smile?
1. My companion and I dancing in the grocery store because she liked the song that was on the radio.
2. A motorcycle tried to run me over really slowly on the edge of the road instead of driving in the center.
3. When my companion asked me about things in English and I don´t remember.
4. After planning one night I went straight to my bed and at 10:20 my companion asked me if I was going to change and put on PJ´s. It reminded me of The Best Two Years.
5. We took a long nap today:)

                                                        

You were always very outgoing, but do you find that you have become more bold in your contacting? 
Yes, I feel like I can make friends with people I have only known for 4 minutes.
 


How many contacts do you make in a day? Is it scary to just go up to someone and talk with a stranger in Spanish about the church?
It depends on the day but our goal in 20 a day. I get nervous when it is a big group of people, but it is fun. We talk to nice people and mean people, but they are all the same to me because I don´t know what the bad words are:)


What service have you given this week? We try and help in the ways we can but we have a lot of sisters that get sad when we wash their dishes or try and help in their house



What is your favorite hymn and why?  Hymn # 50 in the Spanish hymn book which is Nearer My God to Thee.  Do you think you could send me a English hymn  book for Christmas. People ask me to sing them but I don´t remember English.
 
 
 What is your favorite scripture? I don´t have a favorite I feel like they all speak to me and help me. I  have been reading in Mosiah 12 and it has helped me see things I can do better as a missionary.
                                                            
 
 This week we taught the Plan of Salvation a lot and every time we teach it  I realize how blessed I am to know about this plan. One thing that I have learned and has caused me to want to prepare more is that in the other two degrees terrestial and telestial we will not be able to be with our families. We will be searching but we will be in a crowd of millions that we don´t know.... how sad. I know that our family will be together forever! Lets keep working for that goal, I love you all:) You're in my daily prayers and I send my love, I know the church is true! My mission has changed me! I hope to continue to change and become what Heavenly Father expects and wants of me! We are his hands so Serve:) I love you ALL!
 
Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment