Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 46:Busy and Happy...30 lessons and 141 contacts

Hi Family and Friends,
 
Questions for the week:

Share a tender mercy:
8 people came to church this week. It was a miracle that we were not even expecting. We have had more then 30 lessons this week and 141 contacts, we are working hard. Sometimes we get stressed because there is so many people to visit but we continue to work with those that are progressing. I love being a missionary and stressing about the souls of other people. I´m thankful for my faith that has grown in the mission.

Describe a scene that you often see that you think would surprise me:
 
The people that vend things in the street. The people that pass by in the street on their bikes to take out people´s garbage... you have to pay them.                                                                                                          If you had not chosen to serve a mission what would you have missed?
Everything... I would miss Spanish. I love speaking Spanish.                                                                                                                                                       Share 6 things that made you smile and 2 things that made you laugh:
1.The Primary program
2. President interviewing me and falling asleep because he was so tired
3. Seeing the members take care of our investigators when they came to church
4. Drinking things that when I arrived in the mission I refused to drink
5. 31 days until we talk
6. I did not remember that Thanksgiving this week
 
1. One of our converts bought us a hammock
2. In the back of a small car and everyone told me my legs could reach the top of the car
 
 Do you remember the 1st week in Tuxtla? What has changed the most since that week?
 
I remember it like it was yesterday. The change is that I now understand what the people are saying and that I don´t cry wanting to go home, and the way the people live is my way of life now.
 
 
I love you all and so thankful for a wonderful family, give hugs to everyone.  I love you!
 
 
I love you all Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
 
Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment