Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 60: Oltra Semana come and gone :(

Hi Family,
What a wonderful week! 
 So first of all how are you feeling? Yeah I´m all better just my knees hurt sometimes:(  Melanie had The virus is called chikungunya: You pronounce it a bit like "chicken-goon-ya." ... It causes such severe joint pain, she says, that "people who have it can't stand up or don't even want to shake your hand because it's too painful."
 
Tell us about Elder Oaks and your experience:) Wow I cried a whole bunch because the spirit was so strong. I really felt that we have a prophet here on the earth. It was super amazing when I got to shake his hand ;)))))) He talked about what is to have success in the mission. He also talked about being converted and that we do not just say we are converted we work  becoming converted. 
 
Were you able to attend the temple and do the family names? No I did not get to go to the temple but now that I will be in Tuxtla I will be able to go more often.
  
Five things that made you smile: 
1. A sister taught me how to lead music which was super fun! 
2. I talked to the bus driver and taught him a lesson on the way home from Tuxtla when we went to see Elder Oaks. 
3. My companion Hermana C. is now training a new missionary.
4. I didn't want to tell you but I have been called as a leader of all the girls in my new area it is a calling called líder capacitadora 
5. A funny letter from President George 
"It´s so easy to love you! Sorry you are sick right now and hope it will not be too severe. You are a wonderful person. If I had a son, I would recommend you to him. You are a wonderful missionary! Sure love ya!¨" 

Everything is great here, I´m sad to leave but part of me says it is time. I´m excited to start all over. I'm sad to say goodbye to my district and most of all Sister C. I think she will forever be my favorite companion. I learned soooooooo much from her and I´m so proud of her because now she is training. Not sure what else to tell you so bye bye. Ilove you all!!!!!!!!

Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment