Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week 73: "Pure Joy"

    Hello Family and Friends,

 Well por fin... R... was baptized this Saturday and it was perfect:) J... a recent convert baptized R.... but had to do it three times because R...´s head did not want to go in. lol But the best part for me was his conformation on Sunday. The bishop gave him the blessing and talked about that his eyes would always be placed on the temple and that that is where he would one day be married.  He also said that he would have the desire to share the gospel as a full time missionary. It was in that moment that I felt I had completed one of the main reasons I came on the mission. Then after the blessing they opened the doors to let people in before the sacrament and there was my little family of four... words can't express how I felt as pure joy filled my heart.  I love helping people come unto Christ. I feel like the Lord has worked mircales in T..... I feel of his love as I look at or think about our converts. Although some of them have fallen away, they have all made part of who I am today. I have been studying a lot about being converted this week and it has been interesting because I asked myself have I really changed enough. I hope to change more in the 5 weeks I have left and to continue to  try to come closer to God... to know him. I read Mosiah 5:2 and it talks about having the desire to give up all bad and only do the good. I want to give up the bad and only do the good. I love the Lord with all my heart and this week  I read  2 Nephi 2 :13 and realized that everything around me testifies of Jesus Christ and his love for us. I know that He lives, as I am writing I feel the spirit sweetly telling me it is true. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church.  Pray and you can know the same:) Another highlight of this week yesturday helped a young man start his mission papers! I love being Hermana Hickman:) I love you all:)
Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment