Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 76: 17 More Days of Living My Dream!

Well I will not lie I´m so excited to come home. But I´m also excited about staying here for 17 more days because this next Saturday we have an activity called ( White Afternoon)  All the missionaries are coming to the stake center to baptize. We have two people that are going to baptized, all of the missionaries are going to be dressed in white with their  investigadores and Presidente George is going to come and preside. It is going to be so amazing:)
I had a challenging week because I wanted to feel like I have given everything to the Lord to the very end of my mission. One night this week I got on my knees and had a talk with my Heavenly Father.  When I prayed I  said I needed an answer and direction.  Throughout my mission I have taught people that Heavenly Father would give them answers.  I wanted to know that I could get answers also. I wanted to feel at peace or understand what I needed to do to finish my mission strong. After I prayed I waited a long time. I finally decided to open up my scriptures. I opened them and started reading where I opened up... in Alma 34, I read the scripture that says " For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare tomeet God; yea, behold the day 
of this life is the day formen to perform their labors. "
 
I realized that today is my day to prepare to be in the presence of my Heavenly Father and it doesn't matter if I 17 or two days left to serve my mission.  I´m so thankful that my Heavenly Father gave me the answer that I needed  to repent and prepare... My prepartion  will not end when I finish the mission... I know that my preparation has only just begun.   I love my Heavenly Father! This week I learned so much about faith. My faith has grown but I still have a lot to go. Please prayer for R.., L..., and A... and G... they are the ones that are going to be baptized on Saturday. 


I love you all:)

Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment