Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Week 75: Full Circle....so Blessed!

 

I don´t have much to say only that I can´t believe that in less than 30 days I will be in the USA. This week was crazy as always, but so fun, I love my companion and we continue to work hard. The best part of this week was on Sunday I... (from my first area over 13 months) ago came to my ward to see me. I also got to go to my first area for the last time. The scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 18:16 "If your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me."
I felt that joy as I saw P... our first baptism over 17 months ago, his mom is now a member and his son is preparing to be baptized. As I talked with I... and he expressed the desire to go on a mission. As R... this Sunday recieved the priesthood and as L... told us that she used to feel all alone sometimes but that now that she has the gospel she feels peace. She told us that she feels like we are her family. I feel a deep love for the people here in Chiapas and  I am not sure how to let go. I feel so blessed to have known each person that I have met and I feel changed because of my friendships. I love you all, the church is true, see you all soon:)

Hermana Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment