Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 74: Busy but Wonderful Week!

Hello Everyone,
Wow hard, hard week but with the best ending:)
This week we had consejo for all the leaders and then zone conference the next day so we had to stay up late planning two nights in a row.... By Wedneday afternoon we were dead tired but then we had exchanges with the sister that live two hours away to take advantage that they were here in Tuxtla for zone conference. We did a two day exchange and then I went to go get me companion in Villaflores, almost falling asleep on the man next to me on the crammed bus. lol But the night before the zone leader called and told me that two of our sisters were fighting and that they wanted us to go have exchange with them... on our way back from Villaflores we stopped by and I once again went back to my area with a different sister. During all of this we're trying to prepare for the baptism of our little family:) My body by this point did not have anything left to give. But it all did not matter as a I watched my little family all enter the waters of baptism, recieve the Holy Ghost, look at their new hymn books and scriptures that I bought them and to really see them happy:) I think the best part of my week was as I helped them get out of the water. The two little boys gave me the biggest hugs... as I hugged the littlest one in his little wet white clothes I realized that Heavenly Father not only sent us a family ( 6 weeks ago President George asked us to fast and find a family to baptize) but that I really love them with all my heart. It was as I sat in RS with L... the mom we started to talk about how I was going to go home soon.  She looked me in the eyes and said are you going to come back.... I felt my heart sink and told her yes but know they will always have a part of my heart.  I love you all:)


Hermana Hickman  

No comments:

Post a Comment