Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 52: Happy Happy New Year! RIP Mr. Rat:)

Hello Everyone!
 
So tell us about your week:) What was the best thing that happened?
We had 2 baptisms which was amazing. Last Monday our district leader called and told us that we needed to baptize 2 people this Saturday because we are behind in our mission goal of 400 baptisms for this transfer and 400 other baptisms for the dead... We saw a miracle because on Sunday the bishop told us someone was visiting that wanted to be baptized. His wife is in our ward, but that the baptism needed to be this week because he was leaving on Saturday in the morning to work we were like "OK bishop whatever you need¨ lol.   D....also was baptized on Saturday night!

 


5 things that made you smile:
1. In Gospel Principle class the teacher talked about the story of "What were you born to be, by Vaughn J Featherstone.
2. Today in a holiday in Mexico.  I felt super cool when I was talking to my companion about what they celebrate and then I remembered Senora Calhoon and what she taught us about 5 de Enero... That´s right I remember something from High School.. lol 
3. Our 2 baptisms 
4. We fasted about how to help our bishop and we got to talk to him on Sunday and shared a scripture with him to help him stay motivated.
5. We contacted 141 people.... there is a story to this... on Sunday we still needed to do 43 contacts to complete the mission goal of 140 and to tell you the truth I said to myself what is the point we are not going to find 43 people on Sunday to talk to (there are less people in the street on Sundays) The point of this story is that Hermana C... was not going to finish the day until we had 43 contacts.... I  helped but I did not think it was possible with about 2 hours until we finished. On Sunday night we found a whole bunch of people to talk to. I´m so thankful for my companion that showed me that we work until the end and we put our trust in the Lord. It was amazing when we finished the last contact. She really motivated me to contact also!!!!


Share a tender mercies or answer to prayer:
Heavenly Father has given me strength to get up every morning with all of my companions. I have had the problem of getting up early every morning,but now I´m incharge of the alarm and I get up every morning .... never thought possible :)

 
 
With six months left on your mission...what do you want to accomplish with the time you have left?
 I´m pumped!  I feel like I still have so much to learn but I know I still have a lot of work to do... the problem we have here is there is not enough time to visit everyone we have a lot of converts!!!!!


How are your bat and rat? do they have a name? Hermana C... killed the rat this week :)


How are you feeling? GREAT 

 


Bueno! Well I love you all and once again my time has run out!!!!! I love you all! You are in my prayers!  

Hermana Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment