Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 53: Little Blessings!

Hola Familia!

What 5 things made you smile?
Well to start off this week was rough F... a young man who was going to be baptized this last Saturday and the day of the baptism this step-father said no..... We were pretty  bummed. Then on Sunday almost nobody came to church.  But the Lord sent a little blessing that helped me know I was were I needed to be.
1. We left the house of the family R... our converts that we visit a lot and we were leaving and a  dad from a little family waved at me to come and talk to them....we went to talk to them and the dad told me that his daughter that is 2 years old adores me.  He said that everytime she sees me she says there Hermana Hickman or if I pass by with my hair in a bun she tells her dad Hermana Hickman cut her hair. I have never even talked to this little girl but it was sooo cute she gave me a kiss and it made me feel super happy.

2.  On Sunday night after a long day we had our last visit with J.... They are a young married couple that we have not had success with because they are never home. On Sunday night we arrived and they were outside their house reading about the Plan of Salvation and told us they thought we were not going to come. They accepted to be baptized 28 de febrero!!!!!!

3. I said the prayer to start the lesson with them on Sunday night and when I asked that J... would continue to have work and things.  I almost said Joseph Smith I was super embarrassed but they did not hear. Only my companion and I had a good laugh about it after!!! lol

4. The bishop and his wife are going to start working with us. Our bishop is really working hard and we have his trust!

5. On Saturday the Elders in our Ward had a baptism and we were suppose to have a baptism also but Heavenly Father helped us to stay positive. My companion was a great example fo me and we just kept working. We know the Lord will bless us with people that are ready to be baptized.   
 
 
Share a way that you have served this week: Washing lots of dishes! 
 
How are your new families? We don´t have too many but J... are doing good. Our converts are also doing good. M.... recieved the priesthood on Sunday which was great!


I love you all! I hope you know you are continually in my prayers, but to tell you the truth I have lost myself in the work and hope that the time does not past by so fast. More then anything I don´t want to go to school because I don´t remember anything... lol No really the work of the Lord is amazing to tell you the truth there are days were I so tired, but this week i learned the the Lord knows my heart without even asking He gives me exactly what I need!

A member shared with us a scripture in Ezk 14:14

That I love because it talks about how we can not rely on the testimony of others. I know that this church is TRUE!

I love you all!

Hermana Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment