Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California

Sister Melanie Hickman, from Chico California is serving an 18 month mission in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Week 51: Merry Christmas from Mexico!

Hola Familia,
 
How was this your favorite Christmas?
After talking with you guys I just felt the spirit with me and was able to talk to people on the street like they were my best friends even if they were super mean I could not help but smile... I just felt happy all day!

Besides not being with family, how was this Christmas different?

Don´t read this mom....
I opened all my presents before Christmas!!!! lol 

Favorite part about your Christmas in Mexico?
 Everyone is family and all the members wanted us to come to their house to be with them! They don´t do anything on 25th,it is a normal day.  They only celebrate on 24th.

What different traditions did you observe and like?
piñatas... fireworks... it is pretty much the same they don´t really talk about Santa Claus here more the 3 kings... 

How goes the training?  I learned something the hard way this morning I have been trying to do everything for my companion and not letting her help me because I want to give her everything, but I realized today that because she is older then me and she is in her country... she felt like I  was belittleing her.  I wonder if this was not a mistake that I´m training but I got this letter from President today that helps me keep going!

"President George
¨You are a wonderful trainer! I just read your companion´s letter and she spoke of what a great example you are to her. I know you are! Self doubt is natural-hay que overcome the "natural man". Seriously, there are few sisters that I trust as much as you! Keep that positive, cheery disposition! It is a "light". Let it shine!  Love ya! ¨
How does Mexico celebrate the new year?  fire works, parties and drinking.

Share 5 things that made you smile this week:
1. The rat has not returned to our house.
2. Nik Day has a new song in youth music lds.org
3. We are going to look for new clothes right now... I might buy my comp something I hope that is ok.
4. An American elder's family sent him money to buy clothes for our little boy that was baptized instead of buying gifts for themselves.
5. We have two new families!!!!

I love you ALL sorry for not write everyone a letter but I love your letters and they motivate me to keep going I love you all more than anything.  I will see you in 6 months, but for right now I´m in the work of the LORD and I´m going to give him all I got!

Hermana Hickman 

XOXOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment